9Marks Journal Sneak Peek: Discipling in the ChurchBy David Burnette
The folks at 9Marks were kind enough to let us take a sneak peek at the upcoming 9Marks Journal, which will be available on Tuesday, Sept. 4th. If you don't already subscribe to this journal, you can change that now. By the way, it's free! 9Marks is always edifying in terms of helping us think through God's design for the church.
This latest edition is dedicated to discipling in the church, a topic that gets at the heart of why Radical exists. As a preview, here are a few articles to pique your interest:
- Discipling: More than a Podcast Preacher
- Elders - The Church's Lead Disciple-Makers
- How Can Pastors Raise Up Leaders?
- Discipleship According to the Scriptures
- Discipling When You Need to Be Discipled
- A Discipler's Daily Itinerary
- Six Benefits of Evangelism for Discipleship
- A Sacred Trust: Reflections on Discipling Women
Here's a snippet from Garrett Kell's article, "Discipleship According to the Scriptures":
"As we follow our Lord, we quickly learn that part of imitation is replication. Having a personal relationship with Jesus is magnificent, but it is incomplete if it ends with us. Part of being his follower is to intentionally help others learn from him and become more like him. As a friend of mine says, 'If you aren't helping other people follow Jesus, I don't know what you mean when you say you're following Jesus.' To be his follower is to help others follow him."