Gaaliin of Sudan
Religion: Islam (91.00%)
What are their beliefs?
Like so many other Sudanese people groups, the Jaaliyin follow the Islamic faith, and are generally very committed Sunni Muslims. Only a small percentage of the Jaaliyin have been exposed to the Gospel in a positive way. This has mainly been accomplished through penetrations by Sudanese believers into the Jaaliyin areas. Churches comprised of Southern Sudanese members and evangelistic outreaches led by national Christian groups have helped reach the Jaaliyin. They are a people who are critical in reaching the whole of Sudan, for they are the pulse of the cities and a key stone in breaking through the Islamic grip that holds the nation of Sudan.
What are their needs?
They need education and to shun their out dated rituals such as child marriages etc. They need to be uplifted from their backwardness by incorporating policies such as of reservation for them in jobs and by teaching them the latest techniques in animal husbandry and agriculture. Efforts should be made to inspire them to leave their pastoral nomadic life by lending them material support they require.
- Ask the Lord to call people who are willing to go to Sudan and share Christ with the Gaalin.
- Pray for the effectiveness of the Jesus Film among these people.
- Ask God to use the few Gaalin believers to share Christ with their own people.
- Ask the Lord to raise up prayer teams who will begin breaking up the soil through intercession.
- Pray that God will open the hearts of Sudanese governmental and religious leaders to the Gospel.
- Ask the Lord to reveal Himself to these precious people through dreams and visions.
For more information, check out Joshua Project.