Posts Tagged ‘Jared Wilson’
Posted on January 18th, 2013 by Cory Varden
This January is the 40th anniversary of the Roe v Wade Court decision that legalized abortion in our nation for any reason. It also opened the door to deep sorrow and regret for many who chose abortion, thinking it held the promise of “reproductive freedom.” In light of that this week’s Well Said… focuses on some insightful posts this week on this issue.
1. Why I Hate Sanctity of Human Life Sunday (and Why I Love It Too) from Russell Moore: As we approach next week’s fortieth anniversary of the infamous Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision, churches in my tradition will observe Sanctity of Human Life Sunday. I hate that we have to. Let me explain why…
2. Thank You, Mr. President, for These Pro-Life Marching Orders from Justin Taylor
3. Away With Utilitarian Arguments Against Abortion from Jared Wilson: You have likely heard this line of reasoning from earnest pro-lifers before. The logic goes something like this: You should be pro-life because you never know if you’ve aborted the next Einstein, the next Beethoven, the next Martin Luther King, Jr., the next Pasteur or Salk, etc. What if you aborted the curer of cancer or AIDS?…
Posted on November 2nd, 2012 by David Burnette
1. Cultivating a Heart for the Lost: Like Paul, our belief in God’s sovereignty ought to lead to a real concern for the lost. Justin Taylor summarizes 7 steps for cultivating a heart for the lost from a sermon by John Piper on Romans 10:1.
2. Why Zombies Matter: Why are we fascinated with zomblies, and what does that have to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ? Russell Moore with some food for thought on Halloween.
3. I’m Not Much of a Reader: Regardless of how you’re wired, Jared Wilson reminds us how foolish it is to neglect God’s Word simply because you don’t enjoy reading. The God of the universe has spoken, after all.
Posted on September 14th, 2012 by David Burnette
1. Little Kids Need Big Words: Should you avoid using words like “mediator” or “hallowed” when you talk with young kids about the Bible? Trevin Wax explains why he and others chose to keep such words as a part of the Gospel Project curriculum. It’s about taking the “long view.”
2. My Daughter is an Atheist: Al Mohler offers commentary on a columnist’s advice to a Christian mother whose 16-year-old daughter is moving toward atheism. The gospel, and not Christian values, is the power of God unto salvation.
3. Engaging with Mormons: Why do Mormons believe what they do? Are our standard apologetic arguments against Mormon historical/theological/philosophical errors enough? If not, why not? Russell Moore says Mormons believe what they do because, well, they want to.
4. Look Up: Jared Wilson highlights some good advice for believers who tend to look inward more than upward. Fix your eyes on Jesus, not your besetting sins, says J.C. Ryle.
Posted on September 7th, 2012 by David Burnette
1. 3 Beliefs of a Proud Heart: If you’re familiar with your own heart and aware of your own sin, you can resonate with these three characteristics of a proud heart by Joe Thorn. As Thorn says, we fight this pride by faith. (HT: Trevin Wax)
2. Do You Ever Think About Spiritual Warfare?: Many evangelicals have avoided the topic of spiritual warfare, often in reaction to the excesses of other Christians. However, as Thabiti Anyabwile points out, Christians must recognize the very real spiritual battle they are engaged in according to Scripture.
3. Praying with Holy Violence: What is prevailing, successful prayer? Jared Wilson highlights a brief but powerful quote from Octavius Winslow on the kind of prayer that avails before God.
- Platt Excerpts (84)
- Reaching the Unreached (80)
- Voices from the Past (79)
- Well Said (73)
- Videos (69)
- Featured Resource (56)
- Interviews (42)
- Pray for the Persecuted (37)
- Biblical Insights (32)
- Featured (28)
- Secret Church (24)
- Multiply (20)
- Christmas/Advent (20)
- Current Events (19)
- Morning Meditation (18)
- Follow Me (16)
- Conferences (13)
- Uncategorized (11)
- About Radical (6)
- Threads (6)