Pray for the PersecutedBy Jonathan L.
Each week, we will post some specific ways that we can be praying together for our brothers and sisters around the world who are actively sharing in Christ’s suffering through persecution. Take some time to lift the believers in each of these regions before our Father in heaven. At the same time, pray for those enacting the persecution to be kindly drawn to repentance and to experience new life through faith in Jesus.
- Pray for Nigerian Christians to remain steadfast in their devotion to Christ and in making disciples amid violent persecution from a radical Islamist sect.
- Pray for their persecutors to turn to Christ upon seeing believers’ strong witness for Him.
- Pray for Egyptian Christians to continue to endure in faith, to continue to be bold and fervent in prayer, and to have wisdom in the face of an uncertain future under a new president. Praise God for answering prayers that His will be done and that He would “save Egypt from possible violence and bloodshed that was most likely going to happen after announcing the name of the winning president.”
- Pray for the hearts of non-believers to be softened as they see the Christians’ joy, peace, and supernatural love despite the hatred they endure from those around them.
- Pray for local Indonesian churches to persevere and lovingly respond to anti-Christian opposition that seeks to make them close and/or tear down their church buildings.
- Pray for the people who are pressuring local authorities to enforce this outdated mandate to relent and, instead, to glorify God upon seeing the Christians’ good deeds. Pray for the local government officials who are tearing the buildings down.
For more information on the persecution in Indonesia, go to Voice of the Martyrs.