Day 15: CoffeeBy Brooke M.
During this Secret Church on Good Friday, April 6, we are focusing our prayer time on the people of the Horn of Africa. Throughout the weeks leading up to Secret Church we will post information and prayer requests on this blog. We invite you to join us in learning about and praying for the people of the Horn.
The Horn is the birthplace of coffee. Coffee is ceremonially prepared—roasted, ground, and steeped by hand—and served when guests visit, on special occasions, and—in some homes—daily. It is also an important export enjoyed by millions around the globe.
- Pray when you are enjoying a cup of coffee at home.
- Go out with friends for coffee and pray.
- Try Ethiopian coffee at a local coffee shop. Pray for the people of the Horn while you sip.
- Make (or buy) coffee cake, share it with friends or co-workers, and pray.
Ways to Pray
- Pray that the people in the Horn will love God and each other the way they love coffee.
- Ask that the Father will use the time spent preparing and sharing cups of coffee to help families and neighbors connect and listen to each other.
- Ask that the Father will bless the coffee farmers and exporters. Pray that they will practice business with integrity and justice toward their employees.
For more information about and ways to pray for the people of the Horn of Africa, visit Pray for the Horn.
Source: Pray for the Horn